1095 is a moderately high carbon forging steel, in the annealed state. 1.0% carbon, 0.90% manganese, 0.05% sulphur, and 0.04% phosphorus. Layer with 15N20 to make Damascus style blades. Heat treating is recommended to harden your blade for regular use. 10 is an oil quenching steel. NOTE ON SHIPPING: All orders are shipped USPS Priority (2-3 business day) or UPS Ground (depending on weight), with a tracking number. Amazon automatically combines shipping cost by weight when ordering multiple items from our store at the same time, saving you money!
- 1095 is a moderately high carbon content forging steel used for making knives. This oil quenching steel is in the annealed state.
- Iron alloy contains 1.0% carbon, 0.90% manganese, 0.05% sulphur, and 0.04% phosphorus.
- Dimensions are 3/16″ x 1-1/2″ x 12″.
- Layer 1095 with 15N20 to forge Damascus, and etch with Ferric Chloride to bring out the contrast.
- Higher carbon steels like 1095 will keep an edge much better than stainless steels, but are also more susceptible to rust without proper care. (We mark our 1095 with blue and orange to distinguish it from other steels we sell)