1095 is a moderately high carbon forging steel, in the annealed state. 1.0% carbon, 0.90% manganese, 0.05% sulphur, and 0.04% phosphorus. Layer with 15N20 to make Damascus style blades. Heat treating is recommended to harden your blade for regular use. 1095 is an oil quenching steel.
- 1095 is a moderately high carbon content forging steel used for making knives. This oil quenching steel is in the annealed state.
- Iron alloy contains 1.0% carbon, 0.90% manganese, 0.05% sulphur, and 0.04% phosphorus.
- Dimensions are 1/8″ x 1-1/2″ x 12″.
- Layer 1095 with 15N20 to forge Damascus, and etch with Ferric Chloride to bring out the contrast. Higher carbon steels like 1095 will keep an edge much better than stainless steels, but are also more susceptible to rust without proper care. (We mark our 1095 with blue and orange to distinguish it from other steels we sell)
- All orders from Texas Knifemakers Supply are shipped USPS Priority Mail (2-3 business day delivery) with a tracking number. Order multiple items to combine on shipping and save!